Pages

Saturday 24 January 2015

24th of January 2015



Please note: I collected these stories, they are not mine. Keep that in mind when reading and commenting :)


When I see the world around me, I really get scared. There is so much going on, so much to keep an eye on, so much to worry about. As a child, I didn't really care, but when I hit puberty my mind was so overwhelmed with everything that it decided that I needed to exert more control. I started worrying about almost everything: do I wear clean shoes, did I switch off the lights in my room, did I have a smile when my parents left the house in the morning (because I thought that otherwise I gave them a bigger chance to have an accident). I thought I was really good in hiding all those extra tasks, and I managed a few years before anyone noticed enough to ask me about it (my principal was the first one to ask me). At that moment I was unable to explain why I did those things, I could only say that I thought it was necessary.
Many, many years later I got more and more of a grasp of what was going on. That, combined with me moving in with my best friend Jessie, made me realize that it was not helping anyone in any way, and that I could better invest my time in living life to the fullest. That's what I would like to teach your readers: just live!

I started with a new special series: Weeks of Secrets and Memories. A while back I asked you stories, and I publish these stories now with a Notes to Ginny twist. 
These first two weeks will be about secrets you kept close and never revealed. There are wonderful stories of wonderful people who wanted to get the truth out! The last week will be a collection of memories (some good, some bad) people send me. 

I hope you like this series, and if you still want to contribute, you can send me your memory (anonymously) through the site or ask for my e-mail address. 

Lots of love,
Ginny.

No comments:

Post a Comment