Pages

Sunday 25 January 2015

25th of January 2015



Please note: I collected these stories, they are not mine. Keep that in mind when reading and commenting :)


Fifteen years ago. A party. A couple of friends. 'Ah, just try one, it won't hurt, I promise you, you will feel so much better'.
Had I known then what I know now, I would never, never ever have listened to them. But hey, I was young, I was in high school, I was popular.. I just did. I took a sip, and I never stopped drinking again. I felt relieved, I felt like I could deal with everything the world threw at me. I do not exaggerate this. From that moment onwards there was not a single day where I didn't have at least a sip of alcohol. I didn't even care if it was whiskey, wine or beer. I just needed the taste.
And, as it always goes, the effects fade away, and you need more and more alcohol to be satisfied. When I started college, i was drunk more often than not. Now that I live on my own, without a sensible man of course, I realize that it is not healthy and that I even don't like the taste of alcohol anymore.
I tried to stop, I really did. I can't. I don't even seem to get through the day without a drink. I decide to quit in the mornings, but when I get home from work or grocery shopping, I can't resist pouring myself a glass (or on a bad day: drinking straight from any bottle I can find).
I hope one day I will be brave enough, and strong enough to resist the temptations. I hope to have a future ahead without fighting myself, without the craving. One day soon....

I started with a new special series: Weeks of Secrets and Memories. A while back I asked you stories, and I publish these stories now with a Notes to Ginny twist. 
These first two weeks will be about secrets you kept close and never revealed. There are wonderful stories of wonderful people who wanted to get the truth out! The last week will be a collection of memories (some good, some bad) people send me. 

I hope you like this series, and if you still want to contribute, you can send me your memory (anonymously) through the site or ask for my e-mail address. 

Lots of love,
Ginny.

No comments:

Post a Comment